Sunday, February 17, 2008

Civilization, at last!



I had traveled over 100 miles on the same tank of gas. There was about a quart of extra petrol under the seat, my low fuel light came on and I was about six miles from the town of Los Banos (the toilet, in spanish). Ha Ha Ha! It was time to dismount, stretch, grab lunch, gas up and head out. The rest of the trip home was simply riding, flat out for 125 more miles in freeway traffic. Mary always fired right up, tirelessly. The exhaust tip now has a new whitish color. On the freeways I maintained 65-72 indicated miles per hour and once felt the rev limiter kick in. I kept a close watch on the oil level and the 150cc mill hardly used two ounces of oil for the entire 508 mile journey! The tire pressures stayed up, the rear tire showed a little more wear by the end, and the front tire still looks new.

No comments: